Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Northern Town (176/365)

Northern Town - GaNgLy MoOsE: Moved to a small mountain town over the weekend. "Things around here move a little on the slow side, (but) what I've found... there's nothing like a northern town." Lots of wild turkey running about; haven't encountered a bear yet; hoping to see river otters.

Click here to hear Northern Town

Livin' in a messed up place
is everything I need
grow roots in the burying ground
growing freedom

cussin' at the fading light
climbed up the mountain
I'm sliding down the other side
gaining speed

standing on the hallowed ground
what I've found well there's
nothing like a northern town
standing on the hallowed ground
what I've found well there's
nothing like a northern town

living in a time that's right
for taking a little seed
the whole wide world Lord's coming down on me
stop and take a look you'll see
it takes a whole lot of people to make a happy family

what I've found
standing on the hallowed ground
what I've found well there's
nothing like a northern town
standing on the hallowed ground
what I've found well there's
nothing like a northern town

fell off the edge of this earth
going to find you
maybe you can tell me where the time's run off to

sun and moon they've gone to hide
things around here move a little on the slow side

what I've found
standing on the hallowed ground
what I've found well there's
nothing like a northern town
standing on the hallowed ground
what I've found well there's
nothing like a northern town
and don't let it get you down

4 comments:

cathyj said...

Fun, funly and Alaskan!

Indigo Bunting said...

So...WHAT? You moved? To where? I am so out of it.

Dancing Otter said...

To the Boone, NC area.
But not full time :(
...(yet)

Indigo Bunting said...

Intriguing...