Thursday, May 15, 2008

How To Save A Life (169/365)

How To Save A Life - The Fray: Hell, it's way too soon to write about... yet tangled in these lyrics is my own reality. Fortunately, I never lost my friend because for some freaky reason he came to me to talk and I got him help. Still, I fear for his future.


Let him know that you know best
Because after all, you do know best

Try to slip past his defense
Without granting innocence
Lay down a list of what is wrong
Things you told him all along
Pray to God he hears you
And pray to God he hears you

And where did I go wrong?
I lost a friend somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

As he begins to raise his voice
You lower yours and grant him one last choice
Drive until you lose the road
Or break with the ones you've followed
He will do one of two things:
He will admit to everything
Or he'll say he's just not the same
And you'll begin to wonder why you came


No comments: