Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Barely Breathing (168/365)

Barely Breathing - Duncan Sheik: When Libby was a newborn, she was sick; spending the first six days of her life recovering from her birth*. I lived in the N.I.C.U. and late one night Barely Breathing played over the nurses' radio. Proving again the irony of God's sense of humor.

*Respiratory Distress Syndrome (Click to learn)


I know what you're doing, I see it all too clear
I only taste the saline when I kiss away your tears
You really had me going, wishing on a star
But the black holes that surround you are heavier by far
I believed in your confusion, you were so completely torn
It must have been that yesterday was the day that I was born

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

OH God. NICUs. My eldest started life in one; my second didn't leave my room and it seemed so simple. Like how it's supposed to be.