Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sweet Baby James (137/365)

Sweet Baby James- James Taylor: What a great sing-a-long. Like honey, this song just seems to flow sweet from his mouth. Its a lovely cowboy lullaby that brought countless comfort to a certain teenager during the late 70's. Of all the concerts I've seen, Taylor's show remains one of my favorites.

There is a young cowboy he lives on the range
His horse and his cattle are his only companions
He works in the saddle and he sleeps in the canyons
Waiting for summer, his pastures to change

And as the moon rises he sits by his fire
Thinking about women and glasses of beer
And closing his eyes as the doggies retire
He sings out a song which is soft but its clear
As if maybe someone could hear

3 comments:

Indigo Bunting said...

I listened to my share of JT back in the day...

Mali said...

I discovered JT in Thailand via some US friends ... love him ..

Bridgett said...

My neighbors played this song for their newborn, James, when they brought him home.