Sunday, June 10, 2007

Pump It Up (127/365)

Pump It Up - Elvis Costello and The Attractions: This song is my Snickers bar without the calories. I listen. I dance. I pump it up and get an instant energy boost. Chewy, satisfying, delicious. Elvis is fun. Elvis is groovy. Elvis was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2003.

I've been on tenterhooks
Ending in dirty looks,
Listening to the Muzak,
Thinking bout this 'n that.
She said that's that.
I don't wanna chitter-chat.
Turn it down a little bit
Or turn it down flat.

Pump it up when you don't really need it.
Pump it up until you can feel it.

3 comments:

Helen said...

Long skinny legs appear to be one of the criteria for playing with Elvis.

lolololo said...

Helen I guess I'm out then. Damn.

Indigo Bunting said...

I don't care what the song is, the line "This song is my Snickers bar without the calories" is worth the price of admission.