Wednesday, June 13, 2007

FM (130/365)

FM - Steely Dan: I always considered Steely Dan a studio band, so although I was a huge fan and owned a whole slug of their LP's, I never even thought about seeing them live. Watching this YouTube video now makes me realize the error of my young ways.


Worry the bottle mama, its grapefruit wine
Kick off your high heel sneakers, its party time
The girls don't seem to care whats on
As long as it plays till dawn
Nothin' but blues and Elvis
And somebody else's favorite song

5 comments:

Helen said...

This song induced a pleasant feeling of nostalgia...

Otter said...

Yacht Rock!

Indigo Bunting said...

They barely toured in our day. We would have been, like 10, during the short time they did. Love them.

Bridgett said...

Aha, now I know which song I will do today. Thanks for triggering that.

Anonymous said...

My fav Steely Dan lyrics are from Deacon Blues and take me back, with great fondness, to warm evenings on the beach in Rogers Park:

This is for me
The essence of true romance
Sharing the things we know and love
With those of my kind
Libations
Sensations
That stagger the mind