Friday, June 22, 2007

Boys Are Back In Town (139/365)

Boys Are Back In Town - Thin Lizzy: Hearing this transports me back to the summer of 1976. I think it was REO's LP and although I don't recall any of the other songs, this one is enough. Swooning over guitar licks! The lyrics were especially perfect for a girl with four brothers.

Friday night they'll be dressed to kill
Down at Dino's bar and grill
The drink will flow and blood will spill
If the boys want to fight, you'd better let them

That jukebox in the corner blasting out my favorite song
The nights are getting warmer, it wont be long
It wont be long till summer comes
Now that the boys are here again

The boys are back in town

3 comments:

Indigo Bunting said...

Another song I had forgotten all about. Fun.

Dizzie Miz Lizzie said...

This song takes me back to summer vacations on Eagle Lake just outside of Eagle River, Wisconsin. There was a group of families that happened to go up the same time every year, and every year we would play this on the jukebox in the Lodge as we sipped fun flavored pops and ate Tombstone Pizzas. Too much fun!

Helen said...

I love looking at hairstyles of yore...