Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Tempted (115/365)

Tempted - Squeeze: Listening to Squeeze in late Spring - early Summer just seems natural. Its playful and fun, and matches the season's tone. Although Tempted's lyrics deal with the fantasy of adultery, it somehow makes it cute and fun. Do you suppose God will be pissed or pleased?


Tempted by the fruit of another
Tempted but the truth is discovered
What's been going on
Now that you have gone
There's no other
Tempted by the fruit of another
Tempted but the truth is discovered

I'm at the car park, the airport
The baggage carousel
The people keep on crowding
I'm wishing I was well
I said its no occasion
Its no story I could tell

4 comments:

Indigo Bunting said...

It's amazing how many songs I know that I don't know I know. I couldn't have told you the band or the song title, but I know it...and wouldn't know I knew it without listening!

lolololo said...

I know. Sometimes I imagine myself at age 92. I will not be able to remember anything but the lyrics to all these songs from the 80's.

Otter said...

And Squeeze is getting back together for a reunion tour!

You are right, songs that sound cheery and fun, but aren't, are hard to place. I haven't the slightest clue what God would think... I think God would let us slide as long as we don't act upon it.

Anonymous said...

It doesn't matter where you get your appetite as long as you eat at home.