Friday, May 4, 2007

Fast Car (90/365)

Fast Car - Tracy Chapman: This song is from one of my favorite LP's. My husband's company car is FAST! (604-horsepower, 6.0-liter, twin-turbocharged, hand-built V12). Sometimes when I borrow it for the day, I get to feel like Tracy describes. A total rush! Until I start feeling guilty about the carbon print I've created.

Watch:

I remember we were driving
driving in your car

The speed so fast I felt like I was drunk
City lights lay out before us
And your arm felt nice wrapped round my shoulder

6 comments:

Helen said...

Is Tracy Chapman still around? I sort of lost track of her after her first album, which I loved.

Susan said...

A hand-built V12 company car?? Gotta be a Mercedes...an AMG?

The last time I drove a company car it was a Chevy Lumina. Envy is such an unpleasant emotion...

cedarwaxwing said...

I've always liked this song and this singer, but never knew who it was. Thanks!

lolololo said...

Tracy is still around. I think she is an awesome songwriter.

Susan, you know your cars! My husband is so lucky not only does he drive a cool car but he's married to me.

Indigo Bunting said...

I love this song. This is one of those cases, though, when I found her debut CD so perfect and tight, nothing lived up to it afterward for me. But it's one of my favorite CDs. Fabulous.

lolololo said...

I.B. I know what you mean.