Monday, May 21, 2007

Everyday I Write The Book (107/365)

My New Theme Song?

Everyday I Write The Book - Elvis Costello:
How many of us have ever thought... Yep, one day I'm going to write a book? Last year I decided to stop dreaming and start doing. Since then, I try to write everyday. Natalie Goldberg, Julia Cameron, Elvis Costello, John Hiatt and others* inspiring me.

Don't tell me you don't know the difference
Between a lover and a fighter
With my pen and my electric typewriter
Even in a perfect world, where everyone was equal
I'd still own the film rights and be working on the sequel

And I'm giving you a longing look
Everyday, everyday, everyday I write the book


Watch:

* Others include my Tuesday Morning Writers Group, Maureen Ryan Griffin, Elizabeth Van Jacob, Sue Evans and Kay Leonard Otter. Thanks for your generous encouragement and gentle guidance. 19,000 W-T-D.

4 comments:

Susan said...

I admire your discipline! And I envy it, too. I suspect I speak for Earwig as well.

Indigo Bunting said...

I admire your discipline too, but I have to ask: You don't spend 8 hours a day in an office, do you? (And if you do, can you please tell me how you manage this?)

lolololo said...

8 hours a day in an office? I only wish...no my hours are 24/7/365... Moms never close.

But when the lil' darlins are at school and in between trips to the doctor/dentist/ortho and grocery store and loads of laundry I write.

Writing this novel is my passion. If I were more disciplined it would be in print by now.

Anonymous said...

I'm givin' you a long look -- and I love what I see. Keep up the good work!!

xoxo, the former MBVD