Wednesday, May 23, 2007

American Pie (109/365)

American Pie - Don McLean: My dad was a big band kind of guy; his generation a dividing line between old-fashioned and cool. Friends with parents even five years younger were musically much more hip (they liked Elvis). So, it was a groovy-shock to learn these deep mysteries from him.

Watch:

But February made me shiver
With every paper I'd deliver.
Bad news on the doorstep;
I couldn't take one more step.

I can't remember if I cried
When I read about his widowed bride,
But something touched me deep inside
The day the music died.

3 comments:

Indigo Bunting said...

I recently visited a friend whose 18-year-old was all over this on the Internet. Fun. It's one of the first songs I remember being aware of as a currently popular song.

Helen said...

A classic. I wonder if everyone will get around to posting this one at some point...

lolololo said...

Everyone should. We all have different connections to it.
For me it is my dad. The fact that he didn't like rock and roll but still understood this song (& its impact) and took time to explain it to me...priceless.