Friday, April 13, 2007

Lookin' Out My Back Door (69/365)

Lookin' Out My Back Door - Creedence Clearwater Revival: "Just got home from Illinois" used to sound so silly to me because I grew-up, lived and hardly ever left Illinois, until eleven years ago. North Carolina has made this my theme song. Required to fire this disc up shortly after returning home from home.

Just got home from Illinois, lock the front door, oh boy!
Got to sit down, take a rest on the porch.
Imagination sets in, pretty soon I'm singin',

4 comments:

Susan said...

Well, that got me up and moving this morning! I always like CCR's stuff--thanks!

Deloney said...

Me too. They're timeless.

Helen said...

Love this song, thanks.

Cedar Waxwing said...

Funny, I never thought about the lyrics of this song. I guess it should be my theme song too when I get back from Illinois.