Wednesday, March 21, 2007

You're A Big Girl Now (46/365)

You're A Big Girl Now - Bob Dylan: Takes me back twenty+ years to my Sheridan Road apartment, where I was sickly addicted to Blood-On-The-Tracks. I had just ended a five year relationship and so wanted to be the Big Girl in this song. A daily listen became part of my purge-a-man healing therapy.

Our conversation was short and sweet
It nearly swept me off-a my feet.
And I'm back in the rain, oh, oh,
And you are on dry land.
You made it there somehow
You're a big girl now.

A change in the weather is known to be extreme
But what's the sense of changing horses in midstream?
I'm going out of my mind, oh, oh,
With a pain that stops and starts
Like a corkscrew to my heart
Ever since we've been apart.

3 comments:

Deloney said...

Great album. I think "Simple Twist of Fate" is my fave.

Helen said...

I think "Purge-a-man therapy" would be a great name for a counselling service.

Indigo Bunting said...

You know I'm a Blood girl. And Helen, you're right. (Have you seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind?)