Thursday, March 22, 2007

Wonderful Tonight (47/365)

Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton: In 1977, like most H.S. girls of that time, W.T. was my official getting ready for the party song. Fantasizing, as I got dressed that Eric (or my boyfriend) was right there in my bedroom singing to me. Hairbrush in hand, I provided back-up vocals.

Its late in the evening
She's wondering what clothes to wear
She puts on her make up
And brushes her long blond hair
And then she asks me
Do I look alright
And I say yes, you look wonderful tonight

Watch the world's two most talented guitarists; Clapton and Mark Knopfler. The last minute is extraordinary.

6 comments:

Indigo Bunting said...

Love this song! Have to leave the house soon, though, so will watch clip when I get home!

Helen said...

I do too (love the song, not have to leave the house soon). And I love your write-up around it. There should be more vocalizations like this flying around bedrooms and other locations all the time.

Deloney said...

Audio chick lit! ;-)

Susan said...

I'm listening to the video as I write this. (I opened two windows.) It's so nice and s-l-o-w! I like slow. I'm not familiar with Knopfler. Is he the one who toured recently with Emmy Lou Harris?

I think Indigo Bunting should send her hair stylist to fix the backup singers.

Gonna go watch the finish now.

mm said...

This is SUCH a sexy song...

Otter said...

I think the women love this song...