Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Usual (40/365)

The Usual - Bob Dylan and John Hiatt: Critics adore Hiatt, while most of the public asks "John who?". He's my favorite hands down not only for the genius of his song writing, but also his gruffness. He does to me, what he says Dylan did for him, which is more than cool.

I'm trippin' over dumb drunks at a party
Girlfriend just ran off with the DJ
I give her everything, but she refused it
It doesn't matter, she don't know how to use it
My confidence is dwindling
Look at the shape I'm in
Where's my pearls, where's my swine?
I'm not thirsty, but I'm standing in line.
I'll have the usual
I'll have the usual

4 comments:

Indigo Bunting said...

Nice. I've heard of him, I've actually heard him, and I've heard that song (covered). I need to pay more attention...

Cedar Waxwing said...

I've also heard of Hiatt, but I had not heard (or paid attention) to what type of music he sang. I'll check him out some more. I do like what I've heard on your blog though.

mm said...

I'll have to start paying more attention to the radio or something - there are so many good musicians I don't know.

Helen said...

I have to admit I would have been one of those "John Who?" type people, but not anymore.