Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Sugar Magnolia (53/365)

Sugar Magnolia - Grateful Dead: O.K. I admit it, when I was younger I was a Dead Head. There now you know. Saw the Dead at least sixteen times and Jerry solo once at The Uptown Theater. Growing up in my house it was almost impossible to escape the Dead experience.

Well, she can dance a cajun rhythm, jump like a willys in four wheel drive.
She's a summer love for spring, fall and winter.
She can make happy any man alive.

Sugar magnolia, ringing that bluebell, caught up in sunlight, come on out singing
I'll walk you in the sunshine, come on honey, come along with me.

She's got everything delightful, she's got everything I need,
A breeze in the pines and the sun and bright moonlight,
lazing in the sunshine,yes indeed.


Never went to a Dead show? Watch here:

5 comments:

Indigo Bunting said...

I love the Dead. I only saw them once—I'm not too into the stadium scene. I was really depressed the day Jerry died. I had just moved to Vermont.

lolololo said...

The day Jerry died I was driving back from a friends summer place in Michigan. WXRT played Dead music all day. My kids kept asking me why I was crying.

Helen said...

I've never been to a Dead show, so thanks for the mini-concert!

Otter said...

Believe it or not, I think this is one of the best love songs out there. Great spring time, new love song.

Bridgett said...

Ah. Ex-boyfriend in high school used to call this my song--not our song. Mine. I didn't know it except through him. Haven't listened in a long time.