Saturday, March 10, 2007

Spill The Wine (35/365)

Spill The Wine - Eric Burdon: This song moved me. I turned eight that 1970 Summer. I dreamed S.T.W. would be playing at my wedding. Listening to it countless times from the transistor we borrowed from Robert, the radio dangling off our handle bars as we rode to Edgebrook for candy.

I was once I was strolling one very hot summer's day
When I thought laid myself down to rest
In a big field of tall grass
I laid there in the sun and felt it caressing
my face
As I fell asleep and dreamed
I dreamed I was in a Hollywood
movie
And that I was the star of the movie
This really blew my mind
The fact that me an overfed long haired leaping Nome

Should be the star of a Hollywood
movie, hmmm


6 comments:

Deloney said...

I've always liked this one, and I like the image of a radio dangling off your handlebars.

I'll have to write something about the Animals.

mm said...

I don't recognize this, but I'm intrigued by your post. I hope I can remember to listen to it on Monday.

Cedar Waxwing said...

I don't recognize it either, but love the image of the radio on the handlebars as well. I immediately thought of the movie "My Girl".

Indigo Bunting said...

I always liked this song too. Nice handlebar post.

lolololo said...

Earwig and Cedar You know this song! I think it was #3 on the charts for a long while!
Thanks RE: The handle bars...
There will be more, that radio hung off my handlebars on my yellow Schwinn quite often.

Scott said...

I missed the first time around (I was 4 when it hit the AM radios), but certainly got into this tune after the fact when I became a non-reformed record collector, around the mid 80's.

Hey, and he even semi-sings the spoken rap/bridge thing on this version! Cool!