Sunday, March 25, 2007

New Morning (50/365)

New Morning - Bob Dylan: A Spring time song; it makes me want to wake up early, catch the sunrise, then skip down the street checking out the red buds and dogwoods in full bloom. The spring peepers provide the back up vocals while honey suckle seductively perfumes the air.

Can't you hear that rooster crowin'?
Rabbit runnin' down across the road
Underneath the bridge where the water flowed through
So happy just to see you smile
Underneath the sky of blue
On this new morning, new morning
On this new morning with you.

So happy just to be alive

Underneath the sky of blue
On this new morning, new morning
On this new morning with you.
New morning . . .

4 comments:

Deloney said...

I remember buying this album when it was first released.

Indigo Bunting said...

Nice.

The red-winged blackbirds have just started coming back. In a couple of weeks, we'll have the peepers.

Jeepers, I love them.

lolololo said...

I found a version of this tune on Youtube but Bob was so WASTED I was too embarrsed to put it on my blog.

My musicial hero making a fool out of himself was just too much for me to handle.

Cedar Waxwing said...

This was the first Dylan album I ever bought - about two years ago.