Wednesday, March 14, 2007

More Than This (39/365)

More Than This - Roxy Music: My raw, broken, aching heart was held together by Bryan's voice. He made me feel hope that I would be triumphant. His words carrying an important truth about love. I listened and walked, swung on the swings at Oz Park most Friday nights and healed.

I could feel at the time
There was no way of knowing
Fallen leaves in the night
Who can say where they´re blowing
As free as the wind
And hopefully learning
Why the sea on the tide
Has no way of turning
More than this - there is nothing
More than this - tell me one thing
More than this - there is nothing
It was fun for a while
There was no way of knowing
Like dream in the night
Who can say where we´re going
No care in the world
Maybe I´m learning
Why the sea on the tide
Has no way of turning
More than this - there is nothing
More than this - tell me one thing
More than this - there is nothing




8 comments:

Deloney said...

Excellent choice.

Doesn't Bill Murry sing this in "Lost in Translation"...?

lolololo said...

I hate blogger today. If I had a gun I'd blow it away.

lolololo said...

Del,
Yes Mr. Murray does sing this song in LIT.
As a fun side bar...His sister the Sister (Sister Nancy Murray) was my H.S. relgion teacher and for extra credit she had us watch her brother in a new NBC T.V. show entitled SNL. That was in 1977.

Deloney said...

Cool!

Yes, blogger is being weird a lot lately. When I first came to this site this morning there was no "comment" button to click.

Indigo Bunting said...

I had the same problem! Glad to see it up running.

Funny, again, I've heard this song often and couldn't have told you I know it.

And I love LIT.

Helen said...

Touching post Lisa.

I had that same problem with the comment button. But when I reposted it magically re-appeared.

Is Bill Murray's sister really a Sister? And what a great way to earn extra credits at school. I think I ended up at the most boring high school ever.

lolololo said...

Yes she is really a Sister (and a distant relative of mine too. And, no I've never met Bill or Brian Doyle). Sister Nancy is very talented and funny. We still keep in touch. I 365'ed her last year: Sister Nancy

Mali said...

Wow. I'm loving these posts and the discussions that go with them, even though I don't have anything exciting or exciting people who know famous people to add!

Loved this song ... do you know I never realised it was Bryan Ferry till now?