Monday, February 26, 2007

Get Right With God (23/365)

Get Right With God - Lucinda Williams: Here in the musical desert (AKA Charlotte) this song has NEVER been played on commercial radio. EVER. Thankfully, on a visit to Chicago , I stopped by the WXRT studios and they handed me a compilation CD. This song is on it. Hallelujah, I've been saved!!!

I asked God
About his plan
To save us all
From Satan's slaughter
If I give up
One of my lambs
Will you take me
As one of your daughters?

'Cause I
Want to get right with God
Yes
You know you
Got to get right with God

5 comments:

Indigo Bunting said...

Wow, excellent tune.

Helen said...

My (#*@&$(#@*& computer refuses to let me listen to the song, so I'm glad you included the words.

Susan said...

Lucinda always sounds drunk to me. I played this clip hoping her voice had sobered up. But alas, no.

lolololo said...

Susan at the beginning of this song she sounds a bit like Sandy the Squirrel from Sponge Bob Square Pants.

lolololo said...

Susan at the beginning of this song she sounds a bit like Sandy the Squirrel from Sponge Bob Square Pants.