Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Introducing A New 365 Blog Journey

Elvis Costello said, "Writing about music is like dancing about architecture, it's a really stupid thing to want to do."

Want to join in this quirky way to write your memoir?
Leave a comment below with your blog address and I'll add you to the official Dancing About Architecture 365 List.

When Does This Project Launch?
Sunday - February 4, 2007!
or anytime you would like. It is your blog after all.

What Is This Project?
A 365 day blog journey of the songs that have had the biggest impact on you. Curious? Want to learn more about 365 blogging? Click here for Dan Waber's Original 365 People Blog.

Why?
As of February 3, 2007, I will complete my 365 people. The daily requirement to write has now become an ingrained habit. Since music has played a really important role in my life it seemed like the next obvious place to trek.

Here's How To Play:
Make a list of 365 songs. The first ones will come easy. The rest will make you think, maybe even listen to some tunes you have not heard in years. This may be a good or bad thing. But leave room on your list. You may meet some new songs along the way. Keep your daily post writing to a word count limit by using one word per year that you have been on the planet. Drop me a comment with your link.

7 comments:

Cedar Waxwing said...

Cool idea! I'm glad you'll still be writing after you're done with your 365 people. Maybe I'll join you in this one when I'm finished with my 365 people too.

lolololo said...

Cool! I'd love for others to join in.

My mind is starting to shift from people to songs.

Indigo Bunting said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this. Beatrix Kiddo and I were discussing it at the bar the night I ordered the Pawlet Pond Scum. I bet you could get her to do it...she's a music freak, for sure. I'm going to start something else, but I might join in if I feel I can (but maybe not at a definite word count...we'll see). Great idea!

Bridgett said...

Oh, I'm such a joiner. I'll be there. Right now I have 3 blogs...my regular south city one, my 32x365, and I take a photo a day of my church (I'm the altar guild) and post comments about it or try to figure out what it means (durned apostle symbols!). But that one is so specific and isn't a joiner kind of activity (I can't imagine all sorts of people with interest and access to pictures of their 1920s era church). It probably belongs on flickr. Anyway, I will do this with you--probably start when the school year ends! My list, though, will have to start sooner than that.

Deloney said...

I'm in, but I can't promise to post every day. A peck on the cheek for coming up with this idea, Lisa.

http://deloney-gracenotes.
blogspot.com/

Deloney said...

And I'm not sticking by any rules. I'm rockabilly, Otter. :-)

Cedar Waxwing said...

I may regret this, but I've started a song blog - not playing by the rules either...

Jeux San Frontiers